Company continues to grow in response to increasing customer needs and technological
advancements. As a result, we offer excellent employment opportunities for
qualified, skilled trade people and professional staff.
ADVANCED QUALITY ENGINEER
Reports to: Director of Quality; supports Engineering Technical Manager
Manage product launch and approval processes and project management. Lead statistical process procedures and analysis. Support management of quality assurance processes, tools and documentation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Set individual goals and objectives in assigned area of responsibility and create the strategy for accomplishment under the direction of management
• Responsible for APQP for new product development, incorporating lessons learned into future designs and processes to prevent recurrence
• Analyze/report issues and risks to management in a timely manner to prevent larger issues.
• Provide technical support for the New Product Development Core Team
• Responsible for Quality activities in APQP – DFMEA, PFMEA & control plan preparation
• Integral team member for process and tooling reviews
• Generate and/or champion 8-Ds for the prototype process including 8-Ds for problem solving, test failures, and prototype failures
• Maintain documentation required for Advance Quality Planning including Control Plans, Quality Procedures, PPAP and PSW as a minimum in a timely manner to meet the projects timing goals
• Maintain the documentation to ensure accuracy of content until the program is production released and has achieved specified quality, yield, and production goals
• Track, prepare and report Preliminary Capability for new processes / builds. Facilitate prototype build preparation, tools, resources, and process documentation (i.e. WI’s, etc.) and prepare prototype PPAP and/or PSW submissions
• Initiate dimensional validation tools for production parts for the purpose of qualifying parts for production release and tracking ongoing production results using SPC tools and processes
• Lead the “line readiness” event activities as required by customers and different OEMs such as Run at Rate, PSO, capabilities, etc. This includes compilation of documentation and evidence.
• Lead the analysis and resolution of DV/PV non-conformances
• Customer liaison for APQP/PPAP/DV/PV/Customer launch issues, and facilitates problem-solving process for DV / PV open issues
• Support statistical process analyses including SPC, capability studies, gauge R&R, variance analysis, etc.
• Work in conjunction with Operations and Engineering to ensure that control plans, work instructions and production audit schedules are defined with procedures and work instructions to support the production line yield goals and customer requirements
• Coordinate training and communication with Operations Manager, Quality Technicians and Line Operators
• Support corporate Quality Management System objectives and audit activities
• Manage improvements, calibrations and accreditations for measurement, laboratory testing and analytical process equipment
Quality and Environmental Dore Responsibilities and Authority
• General QS awareness, communication and emergency preparedness
• Familiarity with company Quality and Environmental policies and the significant environmental impact of their work activities
• Participation in preventative actions where appropriate
• Support company continuous improvement activities
• Response to internal auditing
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Metallurgical Engineering or equivalent with automotive industry experience
• Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of quality management systems and standards, i.e., ISO 9001, TS 16949, PPAP, FMEA, APQP, PPAP, GDT, ISO 14001
• Familiar with Problem Solving Tools/techniques, i.e. 8-D
• Good problem identification and problem solving abilities. Able to organize and prioritize completion of assigned tasks. Leads others in root cause analysis with tools such as fishbone diagrams, 5-Whys
• APQP/PPAP, Warranty, Statistical concept experience required
• Able to work independently on quality tasks and responsibilities while being an integral part of a product development team
• Good communications and organizational skills
• Proven track record of being able to work on multiple programs concurrently while maintaining timely completion of defined project tasks
• Blueprint reading experience (GD&T a plus)
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
• ASQ Certified Quality Engineer or equivalent
• Supplier Quality Engineer Certification (PPAP, Control Plans, FMEA, MSA, SPC)
• Six Sigma Green Belt preferred
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision requirements of this job include close vision.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Email resume and cover letter, including salary expectations to: email@example.com
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you, or someone you know, would like to find out more about career opportunities at Aluminum Blanking Company.
| Company Profile | Quality/Environmental
Policy | Capabilities
Value-Added Services | Customized Engineering & Design Solutions
Test Lab | Information Systems | Warehousing | Packaging
Shipping | Employment Opportunities | Contact Us